Municipal Infrastructure III – Berat, Kucova and Librazhd
The Programme “Municipal Infrastructure III” encompasses 2 project locations, i.e. the service areas of water utilities UK Berat-Kucova (~ 120,000 population) and of UK Librazhd (~24,000 population), both with low connection rates to the sewer system and deficient wastewater treatment and disposal systems.
The service contract comprises 2 components:
Component A: Consulting Services for the preparation of investment measures
- Review Investment Projects together with the respective Municipality and the respective water utility company
- Conduct or update feasibility studies for the preparation of the investments for Component B.
- Review status of current drinking water resources protection
Component B Consulting Services for the implementation of investment measures
- Preparation of the detailed design and tender documents
- Tender evaluation and contract negotiations for works and supply
- Construction supervision and final acceptance of the works
Water supply and sewerage networks shall be rehabilitated, upgraded and extended and in total 4 no. new WWTPs shall be constructed with Berat: 60,000 PE, Kucova: 30,000 PE, Librazhd: 8,000 PE, and Përrenjas: 8,000 PE.
- Overall project management
- Coordination of the team of national and international experts for feasibility study, design and preparation of tender documents
- Conceptual design of water supply and sanitation infrastructure
- WWTP process design
- Detailed design and preparation of tender documents
- Procurement assistance
- Support in acquiring permits