Technical Assistance to the Water Resources Development Fund for the â€œUrban Water Supply Programmeâ€
The Urban Water Supply Programme is a water supply and sanitation rehabilitation and expansion programme for small and medium towns across Ethiopia. This shall be financed from Water Basket Funds of EUR 94M provided by IDC, AfD and EIB and to be managed by Water Resources Development Fund under the Ministry through a revolving fund mechanism. This shall be done on 2 levels, i.e.:
The aim of this TA is to contribute to improving the management and operation of the WRDF.
- Activity 1: Support to the WRDF in its core activities of all aspects of program projects appraisal, review of study and design documents, procurement procedures and processes, monitoring and evaluation of program projects, Contract administration, and financing of TWUs projects,
- Activity 2: Financial Management and Monitoring of the IDC-AFD-EIB funded Programme in collaboration with WRDF.
A feasibility study has been performed upfront developing a clear Project Implementation Manual addressing all aspects for improvement on Programme and also on Project level which now shall be implemented and adapted under the guidance of a project team comprising international and national engineers, financial, social, environmental and monitoring experts.
- Design review of water supply projects and review of tender documents
- Project Appraisal including financial, environmental and social assessment
- Procurement Assistance
- Programme Financing and Fund Management
- Programme and Project Monitoring and Evaluation
- Capacity Building