Enhancing Readiness of ADB Developing Member Countries for Scaled Up Climate Finance
The TA is assisting ADB DMCs to enhance their capacity to identify priority investment projects that mitigate climate change and/or support climate change adaptation while creating sustainable development co-benefits.
ADB, with co-financing by NEDA and TICA, and possibly the Green Climate Fund, prepared a loan for the water supply and solid waste infrastructure of three main towns in Myanmar’s Greater Mekong Subregion (total loan amount 117 M USD). The main objective of the individual assignment was to identify eligible project components for financing by the GCF and prepare the corresponding funding proposal in accordance to the established criteria.
- Prepare concept paper submitted to the GCF, and subsequently prepare, alongside the assigned ADB staff, a full application for project financial support, using the outline and approach required from the GCF;
- Work with the partner agencies and with the PPTA consulting team recruited to obtain necessary information and analysis;
- Interact with the GCF Secretariat, GCF Board Members, and members of the Independent Technical Advisory Panel, as needed and directed by the supervising ADB staff;
- Evaluate the feasibility of re-locating the water intake in Mawlamyine to prevent salinity intrusion due to sea level rise;
- Assess the technical and financial capacity of the agencies responsible for planning and management of water supply services in Kayin State Government and Mon State Government to develop climate resilient capacity development programs for them.