Water Supply and Sanitation in Southern Moldova
The overall objectives of this programme are to provide safe and reliable potable water supply and to establish sustainable wastewater management schemes for the urban and rural population of Rayon Cahul. For this purpose a comprehensive bankable feasibility study for the water supply and sanitation system of the city and the region was to be prepared.
The water supply system and facilities for wastewater collection and treatment in Cahul city as well as in the rural areas of the rayon were in rather poor conditions. The necessary investments and also institutional measures were to be identified and developed to improve the general service level and sanitation situation.
- Overall project management and reporting
- Assessment and appraisal of existing infrastructure
- Preliminary design of a new water treatment plant (WTP) including raw water source in Cahul, and the connection of nearby communities in the Rayon for which this approach is technically feasible and cost-effective
- Preliminary design of a new wastewater treatment plant (WWTP) in Cahul, and connection of nearby communities in the Rayon for which this approach is technically feasible and cost-effective
- Determine improvement measures in the water distribution network and sewer system in Cahul and connected communities
- Elaborate water supply and sanitation concepts for non-connected communities on Master Plan level
- Preparation of an Environmental and Social Impact Analysis and Climate Change Risk Analysis for the programme