Provision of Additional Work on the Feasibility Study for Karura Hydro Power Project
In 2009 P&P performed a feasibility study for a new hydropower plant at the Tana river being part of the KenGen operated Seven Forks cascade of 5 existing HPPs.
The new site is located about 150km north-east of Nairobi in the districts of Mwingi and Mbeere. The previously identified dam option for the HPP is currently considering socially not feasibility and therefore P&P have been assigned with further investigation of a tunnel off the river HPP option clearly minimizing the social and also the environmental aspect of the investment.
Investment costs have been preliminarily estimated to be in the range of EUR 200-250 million.
- Overall project management and liaison with the Client
- Defining the geological and geotechnical investigation programme
- Preliminary design of all civil works including the tunnel itself
- Preliminary design of the electro-mechanical equipment
- Environmental assessment including sanitary flow aspect
- Cost estimates and financial analysis