HEPP Machakhela LLC intends to construct a 25 MW hydropower plant near Batumi, close to the Turkish border in the south west of Georgia. The HPP shall be constructed through an Engineering, Procurement and Construction Contract and a Turkish Designer has been assigned with carrying out the required conceptual design services and to prepare the tender documents. HEPP Machakhela LLC has engaged P&P as its Owners Engineer to assist in all technical and economic implementation matters and to supervise the conceptual design engineer.
The HP scheme consists of a 15m high concrete dam, a lateral intake structure connected to a 6.5km long pressure tunnel and a powerhouse with a tailrace channel. The annual energy generation is estimated to be 138GWh based on a design flow of 20m³/s and a gross head of 135m.
- Assistance and support during preparation phase
- Review of detailed option analysis
- Conceptual design review
- Identification and evaluation of technological alternatives
- Identification of project risks incl. advice on mitigation measure
- Review and advice of EPC bidding documents
- Representing of the Clients/Owners’ interest towards Conceptual Designer